Wednesday, September 14, 2016

My Knowledge

Korean Market (Inspiration)

Things I know:

Woodson (Korean Market,2016)
I have experience with both Maya and Mudbox, which will allow me to create the models and high-poly normal maps I need to add layers of detail. I also know what is needed to make each of the Homes stand out using their elements from some of my favorite episodes. In the past I have had experience in creating a highly dense and detailed scene. For my Project Planning and Production class I designed and created a Korean fish market, based on a photograph:

Things I Understand/ Need to Improve:

I understand how Substance Painter and Designer works in terms of how the software is meant to help me create high quality textures( Designer) and apply them to the UV's(Painter). However in order to use the Painter side of this software, I need to improve my UV's skills so I can create proper UV's for a smoother workflow when it comes to texturing.

Things I Need to Research:

Even though I really enjoyed the level of detail I was able to achieve with the Korean Market, with this assignment I want to challenge myself even more, and really push myself out of my comfort zone. In order to do that I need to research Real-World aspects (Architecture), and adding those in a way that will complement the stylized drawings of the 2D homes. I also need to focus on understanding Unreal lighting and possibly adding the 360 VR of a well-known space in the Homes that I plan on creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment