Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Research + The updated homes

  So, recently I was on Youtube(which is pretty often), and I found the Cartoon Network commercials that very early may have inspired me to decide this project for my thesis well before I came to RIT, in the 3D Design major. For those that do not know, Cartoon Network used to show these really fun commercial breaks of all of their animated shows interacting in one world. By doing this they basically said that all of your favorite shows were happening at the same time, in the same world, effecting one another, which was something that I loved thinking about.

  You have Dexter nerding out over some fancy new electronic(0:10), Ed Edd & Eddy drooling over candy(0:14), and the Professor buying groceries at the local Grocery Store(0:26). Cartoon Network as long since stopped doing these commercials but with my thesis I wanted to link back to that theme of the one-universe that they portrayed on a smaller scale.

  Before I had 2 Cartoon Network homes and one Nickelodeon Network home that I wanted to do, but I decided to change it so that it was on home from each network I watched as a kid,in doing this I can, in a small way,  infer that same one-universe theme that Cartoon Network had done.


Here are the clips for the Cartoon Network Commercials:
The first one is basically what one commercial looked like:One Commercial (1min)

This one is a compiled version of all the commercials Cartoon Network made with that one-universe theme( for those that want to spend almost a half hour living in 90's nostalgia with me):
Compiled Commercials (22mins)



  So the final line-up is as followed: Powerpuff Girls (Cartoon Network), Hey Arnold (Nickelodeon), and The Proud Family (Disney).
Powerpuff Girls (Cartoon Network)
Hey Arnold (Nickelodeon)
The Proud Family (Disney Channel)


No comments:

Post a Comment